Quan Thanh Temple is situated in Quan Thanh Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi.
Quan Thanh Temple is one of the Four Guards of Old Thang Long. Quan Thanh Temple is an important historical and cultural relic, on a large and beautiful area by West Lake near the northern gate of old Thang Long Capital.
It was built during the reign of King Ly Thai To (1010-1028). The
temple was dedicated to Huyen Thien Tran Vo or the God who guarded and
administered the north of the country. That is why it is also known as
the Tran Vo Temple or the Temple of Quan Thanh Tran Vo.
existing constructions originate from the last renovations that were
made in the 19th century; these renovations included the triple gate,
the yard, the front and central worshipping chambers, and the shrine. A
bronze statue, nearly 4m in height and 4 tons in weight, was cast in
1677 and dedicated to the Saint Huyen Thien Tran Vo.