- Price:HTML clipboard
- Day 1: Hanoi - Thai Nguyen - Bac Can. ~80km (B, L, D)
Pick up at hotel. Transfer by private bus/ car to Thai Nguyen. Start bike ride to Bac Can. First day easy ride up and down hill, scenery of palm trees with village of Tay and Nung a long the way. O/N Bac Can.
- Day 2: Bac Can - Ba Be National Park ~78km (B, L, D)
Morning ride 20 km outside Bac Can and up hill, turn off highway 3 to a quiet road, great view small village of Tay and Thai on the opposite of the river. Lunch on the way.
Later afternoon we take our boat cruise on Ba Be lakes. The national park of Ba Be is centred on large Ba Be Lake. This is just one continuous water body although its name means "three lakes”. Visit Pac Ngoi village.
O/N in Pac Ngoi village - Ba Be National park.
- Day 3: Ba Be - Cao Bang ~ 120km (B, L, D)
We ride through several passes of PiaOac mountain range to Nguyen Binh, then we have bus transfer to Cao Bang. Here the H'mong, Zao, Tho and Nung ethnic minority people all live in harmony. O/N Cao Bang.
- Day 4: Cao Bang - Ban Gioc Falls - Cao Bang ~ 180km roundtrip (B, L, D)
Good paved road all the way to waterfalls. Up and down Ma Phuc pass. Scenic beauty of Karst valley, numerous Tay and Nung villages. Picnic lunch and swim at Ban Gioc waterfalls - the border falls between Vietnam and China, which boasts the largest waterfall in Vietnam.
Later afternoon bus transfer back to Cao Bang. O/N Cao Bang.
- Day 5: Cao Bang - Lang Son - Mau Son ~160km (B, L, D)
Morning ride 67km to That Khe, passing 3 mountain passed and Dong Khe. Lunch break in That Khe. Afternoon we take bus transfer to Lang Son and onto Mau Son, nice sunset on arrival. O/N in Mau Son.
- Day 6: Mau Son - Ha Noi. (B,L)
At leisure time to discover villages around Mau Son. Later morning ride down hill to Lang Son. This border town had been all destroyed during the recent Sino - Vietnamese war, but was rebuilt to become an important trade center in north eastern region. Afternoon we take bus transfer to Hanoi. Farewell dinner. End of tour.
* All entrance fees, travel permit.
* Accommodation: Standard hotel or homestay, twin sharing room.
* Meals: All meals on tour with local Vietnamese food.
* Transportation: Air-condition bus or minivan support.
Hybrid bicycle or Mountain bike.
* Guide: Experienced tour guide.
* Cold Water on the way
Exclusions: Insurance, personal expenses.
Notes: Best time for riding is from September to Mid December, March to end of April.